Taking any product from the laboratory through the pilot phase to full-scale roll-to-roll production requires careful consideration of a number of variables.
- What are your options for raw materials and what are their characteristics?
- How will these materials react when various stresses are applied?
- What processes are involved at each stage and how do they interact?
- What are your expectations in terms of throughput and speed?
- What controls are necessary?
- What is the form factor of the product?
Northfield Automation Systems knows the importance of considering a manufacturing effort from front to back, and of fully understanding the end goals before a single piece of equipment is identified. As a pioneer in the roll-to-roll automation of flexible printed circuits decades ago, Northfield Automation Systems was one of the first companies to develop roll-to-roll equipment that performed laser ablation on printed electronics.
We were at the forefront of developing specifications for new and novel raw materials, and then establishing a broad supplier base. Our low-inertia roller technology has become an industry standard, and our dancer system is without match.
At Northfield Automation Systems, roll-to-roll is in our very DNA. Let us bring our expertise to bear for you and your product.