The Northfield Automation Systems team brings to bear on behalf of its clients and customers several decades of combined experience in the roll-to-roll engineering and process equipment manufacturing fields.
President and Co-Founder
Mark Wegner, President and Co-Founder, brings more than 18 years of roll-to-roll engineering and process equipment manufacturing to Northfield Automation Systems. Prior to founding Northfield Automation Systems, Mark served as Process Engineering Manager as well as R&D Engineer for Sheldahl. His extensive background includes broad expertise in roll-to-roll flexible printed circuits, films, foils of all types, sensitive product configurations and highly focused, custom application design. He holds a B.S. in both physics and mathematics from the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Gary Larsen
CTO and Principal Engineer
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering; 15 years industry experience
- Principal engineer; spearheads concept generation and quoting, mechanical design, electrical design, programming, test and qualification
- In-depth expertise and experience in dynamic systems and control
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- B.S. in industrial technology from the University of Wisconsin – Stout
- 22 years industry experience
- Extensive experience in designing single board computers for embedded industrial control applications
- Heavily involved in automation projects throughout entire project cycle: concept, quote, design, build, program, document, test, install and service