The Northfield Automation Systems team has several decades of combined experience in the roll-to-roll engineering and process equipment manufacturing fields. Our staff has the material knowledge, equipment design and manufacturing expertise to help you take your operation to the next level.
President and Co-Founder
Mark Wegner, President and Co-Founder, brings more than 26 years of roll-to-roll engineering and process equipment manufacturing to Northfield Automation Systems. Prior to founding Northfield Automation Systems, Mark served as Process Engineering Manager as well as R&D Engineer for Sheldahl. His extensive background includes broad expertise in roll-to-roll flexible printed circuits, films, foils of all types, sensitive product configurations and highly focused, custom application design. He holds a B.S. in both physics and mathematics from the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Gary Larsen
CTO and Principal Engineer
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering; 20 years industry experience
- Principal engineer; spearheads concept generation and quoting, mechanical design, electrical design, programming, test and qualification
- In-depth expertise and experience in dynamic systems and control
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- B.S. in industrial technology from the University of Wisconsin – Stout
- 24 years industry experience
- Extensive experience in designing single board computers for embedded industrial control applications
- Heavily involved in automation projects throughout entire project cycle: concept, quote, design, build, program, document, test, install and service